Canadian Citizenship Photo Specifications
Canadian Immigration Photo Specifications
The photos must:
- show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph;
- have a plain white background;
- be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
- measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown;
- have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.
Please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37057.pdf
Photo Specifications for Licence Application for a Security Guard and/or Private Investigator
- Photo size 50mm x 70 mm (Canadian passport photo size);
- must be taken within last 6 months;
- must be taken with uniform lighting;
- no retouched photos, photos that peel or group photos;
- clear, sharp and in focus;
- no shadows or flash reflection on the face/head;
- eyes must be open and clearly visible;
- show both edges on the face clearly;
- show a full frontal view of face and shoulders squared to the camera;
- no sunglasses;
- no hats or head coverings unless for religious reasons and only if the full facial features are clearly visible.
Photo Specifications for an Application for IELTS Test
- Candidates must provide two identical colour photographs that are not more than six months old
- Black and white photographs are not acceptable
- Photos from a mall photo-booth are not acceptable
- The photographs must not be stamped, signed / written on, marked, folded, stapled over or damaged in any way.
- Standard Canadian passport sized photograph: Minimum 35 mm in width; Minimum 45 mm in height
- A close-up of the head and top of shoulders (80%+ of the photo)
- Looking straight towards the camera with face square on
- Both ears showing or both edges of the face visible if hair covers the ears
- NOT personal portrait style (glamour shot)
- NOT looking over one shoulder
- Head not tilted or rotated
- Print quality of professional standard
- High quality paper and colour image
- No ink or marks on the image
Lighting and Focus
- No shadows or glare on the image or background
- Good colour balance that shows skin tones naturally
- A plain, light coloured background (beige, white, blue background recommended, not red) – no objects in the background – no patterned background
- Appropriate brightness and contrast
- Uniform lighting/ sharp focus and clear
- No ‘red eye’
- A neutral expression with mouth closed – no smiling, squinting, frowning or raised eyebrows
- Nothing covering the face
- Eyes open and clearly visible – no hair covering the eyes
Head Covers, Clothing & Glasses
- Nothing should hide the outlines of the eyes, nose or mouth
- No glasses
- Head coverings worn for religious reasons are permitted – Facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of face must be clearly shown.
Photo Specification for an Application for a Licence Under the Firearms Act, Canada
Photos must meet the following criteria:
- The photo should be no larger than 45 mm x 57 mm (1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″). Your head in the photograph must be at least 30 mm (1 3/16″) high.
- Show a full front view of your head and shoulders.
- Use a plain, contrasting background without shadows.
- Do not wear a hat or sunglasses. Your eyes should be clearly visible and should not appear to be red.
- The photo should have been taken within the last twelve (12) months.
- The photo must be original, not taken from an existing photo.
- Digitally produced photos are acceptable provided all other requirements are met.
- A guarantor must print his/her name on the back of photo and sign it.
Medical Exam Photo Specifications
- The medical exam photos in Canada are the same as the photos for Canadian Passport.
- Photos size 50 mm X 70 mm.
- Please see instructions for Canadian Passport Photos above